- 150g of chickpea flour
- 50g of unsalted butter
- 50g of water
- A pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C
- Soften the butter in the microwave for a few seconds, or take it out of the fridge 1 hour before starting the recipe
- Pour the flour into a bowl and add the salt.
- Add the butter and water
- Mix, and mix again, until the pastry is nice and smooth
- With a rolling pin, roll out the pastry on a floured work surface.
- Shape the pastry into a circle or a square depending on the tart dish.
- After placing the pastry in the dish, prick the bottom with a fork to prevent it from blistering during cooking
- We like to bake the pastry blind before adding the ingredients to keep the pastry crispy dough!!
- Pop into the oven for 15 mins.
Tip: Bake the pastry blind by covering with baking beans or dried chickpeas to prevent the pastry from rising during cooking!
Variation: Here we filled our tart with cooked mozzarella, bacon, leeks, and onions mixed with an egg and milk. But the options are almost endless so let your imagination run wild!!